Portales Municipal Schools
has adopted the Vision that:
students will be productive and successful
Portales Municipal School's Mission Statement is that:
students will be provided a Quality
Based on this philosophy,
Portales Municipal Schools believes that:
- Parents and community are
an integral part of the education process.
- All students can succeed
in a learner-centered environment.
- Dedicated teachers are
a key link in success.
- Achieving quality education
is a continuous improvement process.
- A nurturing, caring environment
with respect for all is essential.
- A quality education system
must promote an appreciation and understanding
of other cultures.
- Public schools are necessary
for a democracy.
Portales Municipal Schools
has adopted the following goals:
- Students will meet the required Reading Proficiency on the New Mexico Standards Based Assessment.
- Students will meet the required Mathematics Proficiency on the New Mexico Standards Based Assessment.
- The District will strive to achieve greater parental involvement by providing continued opportunities for parents to participate in the education of their children.
- All students will receive instruction from highly qualified teachers for the grade level and subject being taught.
- All English Language Learners will become proficient in English and shall participate in the statewide testing program.
- All students will be educated in health promoting learning environments that are safe, drug-free, and engaging for students.
- All students shall meet all graduation requirements and receive a diploma.
- New Mexico's Response to Intervention (Rtl) Framework will be implemented fully and effectively in each school.
The Portales Municipal School District provides educational opportunities for all students. We have outstanding facilities, staff, and a Board of Education to accomplish highest student achievement. The proof for this claim lies with the outstanding academic accomplishments in the area of standards based scores along with short cycle assessments. Students at Portales Municipal Schools also receive excellent support in the extracurricular areas of athletics and activities. The staff is committed to providing a quality education for every student.
PMSD Board of Education Meeting
The regularly scheduled meeting for
Monday, April 14, 2014 has been rescheduled to
Tuesday, April 22, 2014.
Board Scholarship Application
Family Leadership Institute
April 15, 2014 ~ 5:30 - 8:00 pm
All Schools and Offices will be closed
Friday, April 18 and Monday, April 21
Important Information and School Events:
For the latest and most up to
date information and news regarding the
Portales Municipal Schools watch this portion
of our website. Please click on the underlined items for more information.
Schoolwide Calendar of Events:
Portales Municipal School District
Beginning School Information:
School Supply List 2013-14 ~~ new as of 6/27/2013
District Accreditation Report:
April Lunch Menus:
Pre K to 6th
7th through 12th Grade
Free and Reduced Lunch Applications 2012-13: English
District Fine Arts Schedules:
2013-14 Band Schedule
Athletic Schedules: Physical Form
NM Activities Association Calendar
PHS Basketball: Boys
PHS Baseball: Varsity
PHS Tennis ~ updated 3/19/14
PHS Girls & Boys Golf
Flu Shot Forms and Information:
School Consent: English
Information on Live Virus: English
Information on Inactive Virus: English